miércoles, 28 de octubre de 2015

Art at home

At my home, the pieces of art are divided between the paints made for me or my aunt, and the bought ones on trips that my family had. In my dining room there is the only one that my brother gifted to me when he was like seventeen (eleven years ago). It’s a bow, with decorative purpose, that he brought from Paraguay in a school trip. He was invited with a few more classmates, to work in an indian village building culverts or something like that.
This bow is made from wood, decorated with several colored threads crossing each other’s making a patter along the arch, with leather at both ends of the bow, with a braided rope connecting this two ends. It comes with two arrows, points of wood, the body of bamboo and decorative gray feathers at the end. This arrows are attached to the arch with a medium thick thread.
This present has been all this time at my parent’s house, and sometimes I wonder how it will looks on my future home, a few years more from now. I image myself leaving home sometime, with a suitcase, some boxes, books and stuffs, a bow and arrows.



 

3 comentarios:

  1. I like wooden artifacts like your bow, they represent the hardwork of someone who loves to express their art and talent. It's surely a great piece of art. Maybe one day we will visit you and see your beautiful bow hanging on the wall.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. this bow is very beautiful, it is incredible the detail that it was made. you can bring it to the next class to see in person.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Amanda,

    WC: 200. Excellent. Interesting choice, I picture you leaving home with all your stuff + bow and arrows.

    Please, pay attention to the following obs.;

    At my home, the pieces of art are divided between the paintINGs made (for) BY me or my aunt,

    …my brother (gifted) GAVE (to) me when he

    …This bow is made (from) OF wood,

    … crossing each other(’s) …

    … with a braided rope connecting (this) THESE two ends.

    …(This) THESE arrows …

    … I wonder how it will look(s) (on) IN my future home

    …some boxes, books and stuff(s), a bow and arrows.

    Cheers,

    ResponderEliminar